You’ve seen the headlines:
- Is Sitting a Lethal Activity?
- Sitting Can Harm Health Even for Those Who Exercise
- Beware of the Chair
- Prolonged Sitting Linked to Cancer
Sitting may not actually be “the new smoking,” as one headline claimed, but the consequences of our sedentary ways are definitely catching up with us. Fortunately, the remedy is straightforward: Develop better office fitness habits to sit less and move more.
We all need to be less sedentary and more active at work. Whether you simply stand up a few times an hour or choose to work several hours a day at a treadmill desk, getting moving at work boosts your productivity and sets you on a path to a longer, healthier life.
This book also helps you cope with the muscle aches and pains and other discomfort that can result from office work. The final three chapters show you how to:
- take charge of your ergonomics set-up
- develop better body awareness and posture habits
- do “no-sweat workouts” and other office-fitness exercises
Scared Sitless is a fun title for a serious book. Deeply researched and backed by the latest scientific findings, this book gives you an accessible summary of the science behind “sitting disease” and an actionable plan to do something about it.